Thursday, May 10, 2012

Amazing - Complaints about "Out of Syllabus" taken so seriously

It is depressing to see such silly complaints being given prominence.
This is the second time such an error has been detected during the ongoing law exams. On May 1, the second semester students complained that a 15 marks question was out of syllabus in the unit-IV of examination of Family Law. The two questions that appeared in the Unit III of the same examination were from Unit-II following which majority of the students couldn't attempt the unit.
UPDATE:

I kept wondering whether I should be getting upset at the students.

I keep recalling Eugene Ionesco's The Lesson. It had obviously made a deep impression on me when I read it over 30 years ago. Are students dumb or have the teachers killed whatever curiosity and creativity them may have had? I think in India, it is the latter :(

No comments:

Post a Comment