Monday, October 14, 2013

Health Insurance - there has to be a better way

After renewing our health insurance and increased the coverage, I keep wondering about what our actual need is.

The desire, of course, is that we should never need to use the insurance and that is probably why most of are satisfied with just a broad understanding of the policy. But I would expect that if I am ill, the last thing I want to worry about is the expenses related to the treatment. I doubt if that goal is met.

I probably would be happier with a policy which did not cover the expected problems and are not expensive to treat but did not have a limit for the unexpected(and expensive to treat) ailments.

Top up plans may partially be a solution but I do wish there were a simpler unambiguous solution, e.g. excellent public health services for serious ailments and we should not need insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment