Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kafka's letter to his father

My father was a very lenient father. I do not remember him getting angry - at least not often and never for long.

I inherited my love for reading from him.

I decided to share the Franz Kafka's letter to his father. I was greatly affected by Kafka, especially Metamorphosis and Letters to Felice.

I was certain that my father would appreciate the logic of Franz and empathise with him. I was surprised to find him sympathising with Franz's father.

I suppose I had the illusion that I knew my father!

From one of my evergreen favourites - "Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchel and also sung by Judy Collins:

But now old friends are acting strange,
they shake their heads, they say I've changed.
Something's lost but something's gained
in living every day.

I've looked at life from both sides now,
from win and lose, and still somehow
it's life's illusions I recall.

I really don't know life at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment